CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Minnesota High School Press Association is pleased to offer the opportunity to recognize the contributions and excellence of a Minnesota Journalism educator. Any student, colleague, parent or community member can nominate a journalism educator by completing the application and sending the support material. An educator may also self-nominate.
A nominee must be a journalism educator at the high school or middle school level in Minnesota during the 2018-19 school year. Teachers/advisers from all media are eligible — newspaper, online, magazine, yearbook or broadcast.
The nomination packet should include a résumé/vita and one to five letters of support from the nominators.
The nominator should email the complete packet to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the June 28, 2019 deadline.
A panel of journalists and educators will select the recipient. The announcement will be made in September. In addition to a plaque proclaiming the educator’s achievements and recognition of excellence in journalism education, the winner will be recognized at the Minnesota State Journalism Convention.
Nominations should highlight the candidate’s success in these areas:
- Teaching/advising experience and ability
- Background and training as a journalism educator; personal development
- Promoting a student-centered classroom
- Relationships with students, parents, administrators and community stakeholders
- Contributions to the profession
- Commitment to fostering an appreciation for journalism in society and careers in media
- Support of the First Amendment