Call for nominations
The Minnesota High School Press Association is pleased to offer the opportunity to recognize the contributions and excellence of a Minnesota Journalism educator.
Any student, colleague, parent or community member can nominate a journalism educator by completing the application and sending the support material. An educator may also self-nominate.
A nominee must be a journalism educator at the high school or middle school level in Minnesota during the 2019-20 school year. Teachers/advisers from all media are eligible — newspaper, online, magazine, yearbook or broadcast.
Support material & nomination submission
The nomination packet should include a résumé/vita and one to five letters of support from the nominators.
The nominator should email the complete packet to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 30, 2020.
A panel of journalists and educators will select the recipient. The winner will be recognized with a plaque proclaiming the educator’s achievements and recognition of excellence in journalism education at the Minnesota State Journalism Convention in October 2020.
Nominations should highlight the candidate’s success in these areas:
- Teaching/advising experience and ability.
- Background and training as a journalism educator; personal development.
- Promoting a student-centered classroom.
- Relationships with students, parents, administrators and community stakeholders.
- Contributions to the profession.
- Commitment to fostering an appreciation for journalism in society and careers in media.
- Support of the First Amendment.